Friday, February 6, 2009

Phobia's

So one thing I realized is that everytime I get into a conversation with some one way or another someone asks the question what is your biggest fear or what do you fear the most?. Even in those dum myspace surveys there's always a question based on fears. I know that its normal for everyone to fear something, but what I have noticed over the years of being asked about what it is I fear I realized that I not only fear a couple of things but a lot. And since I didn't know what were the names of most of my fears i decided to look them up which I found out there is even a phobia list filled from A to Z of the many phobia's there is and since I've been hooked into finding out how many phobia's I havem and trust me when I say I have a lot. Well here's a few of my fears.
Achluophobia- fear of darkness

Agoraphobia- fear of open spaces or of being in crowded places,fear of leaving your safe place.

Anthropophobia- fear of people or society.

Anuptaphobia- fear of staying single

Athazagoraphobia- fear of being forqotten, or iqnored or forqettinq

Automatonophobia- fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax, statues, anything that falsly represents a sentient being.

Autophobia- fear of being alone or of oneself

Bogyphobia- fear of bogeys or the bogeyman.

Claustrophobia- fear of confined spaces.

Clithrophobia- fear of being enclosed.

Demonophobia- fear of demons.

Enosiophobia- the fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism.

Gerascophobia- fear of growing old.

Glossophobia- fear of speaking in public or trying to speak.

Hadephobia- fear of hell.

and that's just to name a few, because the list goes on but I thought it would be to much. Now im stuck with thinking is there something wrong with me? or is it natural to fear so many things?. Well either way I can't deny that I have these fears and hopefully one day I can face them. But feel free to let me know what your fear is and why.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on the Anuptaphobia!! I'm also scared of elastics. I googling that but didn't come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's natural for people to fear several of things although the only thing we're supposed to fear is God. going deaf or blind scares me :-\

    ReplyDelete