Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My little secret

For those who know me, know that when it comes to style thats something i don't have at all. You can say i'm color coordinated retarded. I don't know what looks good together, or what might be fashionable, and i don't follow trends. When i get dressed it's never planned, i just throw on the first thing that catches my eye that day. So when i went shopping in old navy with the novio, i found it kind of shocking when a couple of ladies complimented on how they liked my outfit, and how they love how i pulled off that care free throw on what ever they find kind of look, but what was so funny is that it wasn't intended to look a certain way, i actually do dress that way. What i find so funny is how they we're dying to know how i pulled off the look without looking bummy. So since i've been asked so many times what i do, i just decided to share. For one if your as lazy as me, and if you know me i'm one person who dislikes to wash her hair alot, and barely combs her hair. I usually have unruly curls that are always knotted, so you will usely find me wearing a hat. which i own in every style, in every color, which hats are good to wear if your having a bad hair in which i usually am. I love funky hats, in many colors to match the many outfits you might have. I love buying my hats at H & M, you can always count on them to have such cute hats, and what's awesome about the store is that you can buy mens hats that can suite woman also.
Photobucket
What's also cool about this store is that the prices of hats range from any where from $3.00 to $20.00, so you don't have to worry about burning a hole into your pocket.

Before i put the hat on i like to put on a creme that conditions your hair, i usually go with anything coconut scented, because when wearing a hat your head tends to sweat so you don't want your hair smelly musty and your hat smelling bad either so, it'll keep your hair smelling good through out the day.

When i don't feel like going through the whole routine of putting on my makeup, and i actually want to go for a more natural look, i usually leave my face bare and just apply some mac concealer to the little flaws on my face such as pimples i usually wear a color close to my skin, and if you have dark circles as i do i cover them up with mac concealer in a shade a little lighter than my skin tone, which it covers up the dark circles and lightens up my face drawing attention to my eyes which i think are my one of my best features.
Photobucket

This concealer goes for about $15.00 and you don't have to cake so much on, so if use correctly it can last.

For my finishing touch which i usually use chapstick which has to be my number one addiction. now my problem with chapstick is that it leaves that nasty white residue around the corners of your lips. Which i found Nivea to be perfect which not only conditions my lips, but also puts some shine as if you applied lip gloss, and it doesn't leave any white residue. What's even better that they come in all different colors and flavors, and some even have a lil tint which i perfer a kiss of cherry flavor.
Photobucket
You can even subsitute this chapstick for lipstick and it isn't pricely at all it will cost you about $2.00 which you can find in any drug store.

And thats all there is to it. hope i was kind of helpful in a way.

1 comment:

  1. Haha nice! I love the "thrown together in 5 mins" look. And I used to work at H&M. Gotta love the cheapness.

    ReplyDelete