Monday, January 12, 2009

A hole in the the skin

For as long as i can remember piercings and tattooes has always fascinated me, and never failed to catch my attention.  It started simple as getting my belly button done and since then has been such an addiction that of coarse has led to much more.  I never knew why i always seemed to find myself craving for another piercing or another tattoo all i knew was that i just did.  As i said before it started innocently enough as a belly button ring to  a little nose ring, which now i stand with my belly button, both nipples, 0g in both ears and my newest my septum.  But of coarse i had my monroe done and snake bites done which are one ring on each side of the bottom lip and on on the top lip but are now removed because i had to much going on. As far as tattooes i have 3 which my first is on my lower hip which is a chinese symbol that means " pleasure" of coarse i know what your thinking something meaning sexual but in chinese it means anything that makes you happy such as hope, faith, pure happiness is a form of pleasure, my second tatt was initials and a date of me and an ex which i chose to cover up with a heart and 2 birds with halo's on my right shoulder blade and last is of 2 stars behind my ear.  And to me each and every piercing to tatt means something to me cuz it defines a certain time in my life that i went through certain situations.  But what i realize that what was once frowned upon has become such a " trend", like every where i go i see someone with piercings and so many tatts which really bothers me because piercings and tatts means so much more to me than a silly fad to me it's self expression, a simple memory and i see that people are just doing it just because they see others with it or just because they look cool.  But to me is so much more, when i feel a certain way wheather it be that i'm mad or simply happy or it can be something such as my birthday or a graduation i express it in my tatts and my piercings and it also brings such confidence to me, and just to watch it just be use as a fad really pisses me off, it's like there's no originality anymore, because it was a way of feeling different and unique.  And now its like going out and buying a tee that everyone gets.  I also hate the fact that people now a days wants to anaylze me like seriously if your not a phychologist than don't fucking analyze me telling me my tatts and piercings are a form of self mutualation and that it's simply a cry for help.  No it fucking isn't i am very much happy with who i am, and very much loved by everyone in my life to hurt myself so do me a favor and keep your shit to your self. :D

2 comments:

  1. gosh i hate how everyone looks at it as a trend now tooo. i remember when i had a monroe ppl were like wtf and werent even getten em yet /= next thing u know every chick has one and u get thrown into the trend following catergory. even w.my nose ring i still get crap for it even after having it for a while. *septum [= so awesome btw

    as far as tats go, tatted girls are sooo beautiful. i plan on getting more myself. im in love with the way ink looks on womens skin. when done right it looks too amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very true i can relate with the comment above like i as well had the Monroe and ppl deff were like wtf is that that shit looks like a booger and was one of the 1st around my way a whileee back to have the one on the bottom side part of ur lip once again eww ahh this world is just full of wanna-bee's and ever since lil wayne came out w/ tattoos all freakn over his damn body they wanna do it as well just cuz it's a trend wamp like people should deff have a cool memory behind them all . . . like mind you i'm a virgin to tat's still dont even have one lil dot just haven't really found something i honestly want or a meaning to one. . sigh

    ReplyDelete